Thursday, May 21, 2009

Brief Update

As I've posted up elsewhere (LinkedIn and Facebook, in particular), my regular job is ending tomorrow. I'm looking at this with somewhat mixed emotions. On one hand, it's an opportunity to really jump the corporate ship and strike out on my own. On the other, we have a LOT of bills coming up (including Cathy's tuition for Waldorf) that having a regular paycheck would be, um, nice. :) I am looking to see if I can find more a management role in another company. If I can do that, I'll be happy for a while. I talked with Susie this morning and decided that if I don't get something at least in the works by the middle of June that I'll start looking at regular engineer jobs. There seem to be a lot of them, but I've found that I find it hard to work on code at home when I've been working on code for 8 hours at work. Regardless, it will be a tight few months for us (and over the summer - of course).
In the meantime, I've been working on Samantha. It's starting to come together but I keep stumbling into very stupid and easily avoidable troubles. Right now I have a weird issue where I've got a tab view (player profile). The player clicks a button and it goes to another view (detailed info). That shows up properly, but when I click the "back" button I created on the page it crashes with an "invalid selector". *sigh* I get the feeling that if I could just focus on this for a few weeks that I would make leaps-and-bounds improvements. AND I'd remember how to avoid these stupid little things. We'll see, I guess.
Well, this was supposed to be brief, so I'll end it here. Wish me luck in getting something else or making amazing headway in my Otto Von efforts.