Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Proto Update

Hola. It's been a good few weeks. I've had less time to work on the proto than I hoped, which isn't completely unexpected. Life's been busy with rehearsals for Patience (opening the first week of June). Lots of work to do and being president of the board means that I get to pick up the odd jobs that need to be done. Plus, I've taken on a task to create shoulder boards for all of the Dragoons. It's not a lot of work, but it is work that needs to be completed this week, preferably before tomorrow (Wed).
As it stands with the prototype, I'm just finishing up the Alpha 1 right now. I've run into code signing issues (why does this have to be so complicated?) that are preventing me from being able to install it on my iPhone. I think I just need to recreate all of my provisioning profiles so I can leverage them across multiple projects.
When I first created my certificates and such it was just for the Samantha Alpha. Now, though, I've learned that I will likely need to have base certs for some things and individual provisioning certs for each application and alpha. Which is good to know, but not something I considered last year.
Anyway, the app is coming along nicely. I've got 5 alpha milestones laid out which should get me to a single beta and then to product. Definitely took on a bit of a life of its own, but I think it'll be fun and worthwhile. I don't think it will bring in any kind of money, but if I get $50 out of it, I'll be happy. :)
So, I'll try to keep updating as this comes closer to release. If you're interested in participating, definitely let me know!