Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Otto Von Logo

Just a quick note about Otto Von and logo. As you'll notice, there isn't one. I have an idea for one but need to find the time to make it work. I think the idea I have is kind of cute but I need to figure out how to get it to work.
Once upon a time I was in graduate school for a degree in Early Modern British History. I had to take 3 semesters of classical Latin and saw, at one point, a great photograph of a mosaic in Pompeii. A picture of a dog on a chain with the words "Cave Canem" beneath - Beware of Dog. Since Otto Von Productions is named for my late Schnauzer Otto (he passed away this December), I thought a logo of a coat of arms with him on the shield with the words "Cave Canem" as the motto would be ideal. I just need to get some time to figure out how to do it, but if I can then it will emblazon all of our titles. :)
Cave canem has been adopted by several other groups, but there don't seem to be any in the game-o-sphere, so I think I'm fine there. I may also modify it slightly to be Beware of Otto or something, but for now that's the idea.