Monday, April 6, 2009

Samantha Changes

So I've been having some really good and constructive conversations with Susie about Samantha as of late. We've been exploring some ideas and decided to make some changes to what I had envisaged for a couple of systems (I think her recommendations are better than my original ideas) and some things we've decided to postpone until later versions. I have to say that I'm pretty stoked about the whole thing - I'm beginning to see the game take shape and I'm liking the way it's coming together.
I'm still in the middle of iteration 1. Things are slowly coming together. I've added in the gemstones that I needed, although I don't like the graphics. A player couldn't possibly tell what they are, but they're different from one level to the next, so that's interesting. And the background graphic for that portion of the character profile is coming together. I did find that the 4th tab element is just wasted space, but Susie (again) pointed out a missing element, so there we go - the 4th tab becomes News. :)
The main concern I have is over the cluttered nature of one of the tabs. There are too many things going on there. I may need to break it out into a couple of tabs to make it manageable. The background image might be too distracting and difficult to interpret. The whole point is to make it easy for a player to know what to click - currently that wouldn't be very feasible.
Anyway, Cathy's up in Laramie this week with the Grandma, so I hope that in between working 4 10's that I can get some extra work done on this. It would be great to end the week with the Rockies opener and the end of Iteration 1. :)