Thursday, May 27, 2010

Understanding at last?

So, I was looking at the iPhone Developer Center trying to figure out from the tech notes why symbolicatecrash, which I was reading would be working just fine, was not working just fine. What I believe it is now, though, is that my SDK version is 3.1.2 and my iPhone OS version is 3.1.3. *sigh* Just shows to go you that as a developer you should always stay up-to-date on the latest SDKs when they're released. Now I need to see if there's a way for me to download the old 3.1.3 SDK. Why, you ask? Because of the iPhone SDK 3.2.
The new SDK requires Snow Leopard which I haven't installed yet (I just ordered it). In the interim, I'm just kind of shooting in the dark with what's happening. Given what I've been reading, it seems like that's the issue, which would be nice. If so, it would at least mean that I'm not a complete idiot. :) The worst part is that even if I do get it to symbolicate, I need to find out why it's failing.
Overall it's been a pretty frustrating experience, but at least it looks like things are turning around and this does seem like the most likely answer to the problems I've been experiencing. And it's also not been abundantly clear from the blogs I've been reading what this issue is.
So, there we go. At least for now. *sigh*
Update: I found a link to the old 3.1.3 SDK which I'm downloading now while I wait for Snow Leopard to arrive. I'll at least be able to do iPad development once I get Snow Leopard, but it's not been a big item on my to-do list, so I've delayed. Apparently one version too long. Wish me luck!